Copyright protection is provided to the author regardless of whether the formalities have been complied with or not.
It is guaranteed by law if the author's work is:
- manifestation of creative activity;
- has individual character;
- established in any form.
Copyright grants protection for such work as e.g.:
- literary, journalistic, scientific and cartographic works and computer programs;
- artistic works;
- photographic works;
- string musical instruments;
- musical works as well as musical and lyrical works;
- theatrical works, theatrical and musical works as well as choreographic and pantomime works:
- audiovisual (including film) works.
All issues with respect to copyrights and related rights are dealt with by the Polish Ministry of Culture and National Heritage.
The website of the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage is accessible through: